Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sixty-Two Standout - almadr

Thankful

We are so excited to share an interview with you by Anna (almadr). Her photos have such a soft, lovely quality about them. They are truly lovely and she is truly a talent. You can visit her website at Scrapownia and we think you should!! Also, you can view more of her work on her Flickr page. 

Thank you Anna for sharing with us!! We are so inspired by you.

Tell us how you felt in love with photography?
To tell the truth I don't remember - it was so long ago, when I was a teenager.  I just got interested in photography and joined a local teenage photo club. We learnt traditional (not digital) B&W photography. And I just got hooked onto this "magic".  I believe I love photography so much as it allows me to be an artist even though I can't paint properly.

Do you feel you have found your style? How would you describe it?
Don't think so. I'm still searching. But for sure one of my distinctive features is shallow depth of field and close-ups - I love those and use them a lot!

vintage easter


What is your favorite gear and why?
I use Canon 450d (I'd love to have a better model but can't afford it now) and I absolutely love my 50mm 1.8 Canon lenses, as it allows me to shoot with shallow DOF and in difficult light conditions. I shoot mostly with it. But I'd love to have some proper macro and telephoto lenses too to play more with close-up and portrait photography.






What is your favorite subject and why?
I love taking photos of everyday objects in natural lightening. I’m interested in food and object photography a lot and I’m always drawn to and inspired by beautifully arranged compositions. And I also like taking portraits, especially of my little niece and nephew. Kids are so cute and natural, so it’s fun (but also a challenge) to take photos of them.


What do you do when you feel less inspired?
I check flickr/pinterest or some other blogs and websites where I can find inspirational photos. I also love coming back to books on art and photography I have at home.

Thank you again Anna

XOXO,
Ana and Christian 

1 comment:

almadr said...

Thank you so much for having me here ;-) I'm truly honoured.